CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What is your treasure?

2 Timothy 1:13-14
"Retain the standard of sound words which you have heard from me (Paul), in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. Guard, through the Holy Spirit who dwells in us, the treasure which has been entrusted to you."

History: The emperor Nero was trying to pass the blame of th great fire in Rome from himself to the Christians. This led to great persecution, public torture and murder, yet Christ's message continued to be spread.

I was raised in church, became a Christian at a very young age, and was physically present in numerous bible classes throughout my school-age years - but I never "got it." Only in the last several years have I begun to understand what a treasure we have in God's word. How fortunate we are that the words are printed for us and so easily accessable! What is unfortunate is that we take it for granted and do not find it important enough to study every single day and memorize its words - so that we may always have them in our hearts, guiding our way.
Once we have heard the message of Jesus Christ and made the decision to follow Him, it is our duty to share that message with the world.

Matthew 6:21
"for where you treasure is, there you heart will be also."

Jesus, my Savior, is my treasure!! Nothing or no one will every compare to the One who suffered and died for me, then conquered death so that I could spend eternity with Him! No treasure on earth could even begin to come close to that kind of love!

0 comments: