CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

The truth about Truth...

2 Timothy 4:2-4
"preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction. For the time will come when they wil not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths."

Some of the best advice I have ever heard was from our pastor when he said, "You can't put God in a box." So many people attend church to "have their ears tickled," to hear what they want to hear. They make God into who they want Him to be and disregard who He really is. I've been guilty of this on many, many occasions. I've focused so much on what "church" does for me and forgotten why I should really be there: to worship my God and to learn to serve Him and make disciples of others. Sometimes this learning process involves convicting me of my own sin - other times it takes me out of my comfort zone and makes me confront some of my biggest fears. I think the thing I am most afraid of is public speaking (...as in sharing my faith with strangers).
The best way to remain in the truth and not be lead astray by false teachings and "tweaked" doctines is to remain in God's word and allow yourself to be taught by the One who inspired the truth - the One who IS the truth. By reading and following His word and allowing Him to take control of your life, you will discover truths that can not be put into words.

John 8:31-32
"So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."

0 comments: