CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 24, 2008

NO WHINING!!

Philippians 2:13-16
"for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure. DO ALL THINGS WITHOUT GRUMBLING OR DISPUTING; so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear lights of the world, holding fast the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I will have reason to glory because I did not run in vain or toil in vain."

Hmm...all things without grumbling or disputing. I needed to be reminded of this today! As I have been preparing for this trip, I have found myself worrying about some of the silliest things and complaining like a teenager! Certain things just don't matter - like what kind of bathing suit I can wear and whether or not I can wear my tank tops. WHO CARES!! There are reasons for the rules (like my safety), and my comfort is not the number one priority!! It seems I have forgotten WHY I am going on this trip in the first place - It's not about me AT ALL. Sure, God may choose to use this experience to touch my life as well (actually, He already has), but my job is to minister to these children in Acuna by being an example. My actions will show where my heart REALLY is!

Philippians 4:13
"I can do [or endure] all things though Christ who strengthens me."

1 comments:

Rachel said...

I often have to remind myself not to whine also. You are not alone. I am trying desperately to turn more to God myself in situations like this. Remember its not about me.....its all about Him. As humans we often tend to forget that....being self-centered by nature.