CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Scripture Memory

2 Timothy 2:15
"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling th word of truth."

It is so, so important to KNOW your Bible! It's easy to take the word of God for granted and not see the importance of knowing the scripture - especially when most of us have a Bible at our fingertips. A few months ago, I bought a small Bible to carry in my purse, a "cheat sheet," I guess. I did a little research and found several important passages that I could use in prayer or to councel a friend in need. I definately got more than I bargained for!! Since then, God has been constantly sending people my way! It seems like I have spoken to at least one person per day who has come to me with a need for prayer. What this has taught me is that I NEED TO KNOW THESE PASSAGES BY HEART!!! There is an answer or instruction for everything in the Bible. What a wonderful (and simple) way to minister to people by constantly pointing to God's word for answers, for comfort, for guidance, and most of all for salvation!

*Just another reminder that He is always near, guiding our way. The instructions are there - all we have to do is read them and remember them!

2 Timothy 3:16
"All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work."

0 comments: