CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Do you REALLY trust Him?

Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight."

TRUST - what a powerful word. It's so easy to say that you trust in God, but so difficult, even impossible for some, to really live it. So many of us, as Christians, say that we trust God with our lives, yet we don't even turn to Him for guidance in making tough decisions...much less the simple ones. I think that the hardest thing to do is to give your children over to Him and say, "I trust you with their lives." It's hard to think that He may even take their lives in order to use them as a ministry to you or someone else. Hard to swallow, isn't it? Now - do you still trust Him in EVERY aspect of your life? Or have you put the love of your children or something else ahead of your love for your Creator? As much as I love my babies, I have to step back and remember sometimes that they are HIS - He has blessed me to be their guidance on earth, but their lives belong to Him.

It has taken me a long time and a lot of hard work to understand the true meaning of complete trust in God. Just as a newborn baby has to completely trust his mother to feed him, clothe him, shelter him, protect him and love him - so do I have to trust my God to do the same for me. He always knows what is best for me, no matter what my plans may have been or even if I do not understand His reasons.

He is always in control. He will never leave my side.

0 comments: