CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 18, 2008

No Fear...

Ephesians 6:19-20
"and pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak."

Paul wrote this to the church in Ephesus - the fourth largest city in the Roman empire, whose main source of trade. at the time, was from the pilgrims that would come to worship the goddess Artemis (Diana), the patroness of sex. Obviously, this was a very sinful city and the message of Christ would completely upset their primary source of income, if followed. What courage Paul and the believers at Ephesus showed by allowing the Spirit to speak through them in this sinful city!

Why then, should I be afraid to share my faith in a place where the gospel is, for the most part, tolerated? THERE IS NO EXCUSE!!

It is my prayer that God will give me the right words so that I may speak with boldness the message of Christ's love. Also, I thank Him that I am His prisoner - forever bonded to Him in love. What a wonderful, amazing God I serve!

0 comments: