CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 26, 2008

Confession

I'm having a bit of a reality check right now and I feel like I need to have a little confession time. While I have been growing spiritually every day through this experience, I think I may have let pride take hold of me. I started out with pure intentions, then grew a bit "too big for my britches" as my mother would say. I have taken entirely too much credit for many of the insights I have blogged about and not given God the glory He deserves. I'm not perfect, in fact - I'm probably the farthest thing from it, but God is teaching me more and more each day how to walk in His ways. What is so wonderful, I think, is that He is bringing my sins to my attention and allowing me to suffer the consequences of my sin so that I learn from my mistakes! (yes, I just said "wonderful" and "suffer the consequences" in the same sentence)

My biggest problem right now is my struggle with pride - I want to feel proud about what "I" have learned and what "I" am doing by going on this trip. What I need to be doing is learning to serve with a humble heart - knowing that any good I do is not MY doing at all, but the Holy Spirit working through me. Anything I have learned so far in this journey is the work of the Holy Spirit in my life.

Satan is definitely trying to attack me right now and I need prayer that God will give me the wisdom and strength to fight him off. Please join me in praying that God will continue to change my heart and continue convicting me of my sins, so that I can learn from my mistakes and keep growing closer to Him.

I am so blessed to have Christian friends who love me, just as I am; friends that can gently remind me to stay focused and not allow selfish pride to take over. If you are reading this, thank you for being the kind of person I can share this with. I thank God every day for bringing people like you into my life!!

0 comments: