CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 26, 2008

Running on Empty

"Although it may often feel like it, there is never a time when NOTHING is happening in your life. That's because whether you realize it or not, you are never standing still. You are either going forward or you're sliding back. You are either becoming more like Christ every day or you're becoming less like Him. There is no neutral position in the Lord."
-from Stormie Omartian's "The Power of a Praying Woman"

Why is it that I seem to be moving backward when I feel like I am doing so much? Over the last week or so, my life has just become so busy that I have pushed the most important thing to the bottom of my "to do" list - my time with the Lord. When times get tough (or just hectic), I switch into this instinctive "survival" mode - going through the motions of daily life like I'm on auto-pilot, but not really LIVING. So here it is, time to slow down and just -- breathe.

My Holy Spirit tank is definitely blinking "low fuel," and it's time to fill up! It's so easy to get on a spiritual high and then get burned out, because you have forgotten to KEEP calling on the Holy Spirit for daily guidance! God will not withhold His power in your life, but we can not forget to keep asking for it.

Ephesians 3:19-20
"and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us."

Stop trying to do this on your own - IT AIN'T WORKIN' FOR 'YA!! Turn it all over to Him and just let go - then stay in constant prayer, asking that the Holy Spirit continue filling you. Great things will happen!

Dear Lord - I'm tired of trying to do this on my own. Please forgive me for not trusting you and for not making our relationship my first priority. Thank you so much for these times of despair, where I learn to trust you again! Please Lord, send your Holy Spirit to fill me up again and to remind me everyday to keep asking for more. You are so, so good to me, Lord! Amen.

0 comments: