CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Day 4: Acuna

Today was our last session of Vacation Bible School, which went very well. I don't think that any of us were ready to leave, and it broke my heart that several of the children were crying that we had to go. I truly hope that I will get to see some of them again.

After saying our goodbyes, we had a chance to head over to the orphanage to see the work they had done. One of the women that was with us was an artist and had been painting a mural on the outside wall of the orphanage. It was really beautiful.
For lunch, the people of Templo Bautista Bethel had put together a wonderful meal for us. The food was so wonderful, I probably could have gone back for seconds...or even thirds!
I think we had our best group time tonight. Half of the group had already left for home, so there were only about 15 of us still there. We all just sat down around a table and had a discussion about our experiences. We each shared our favorite part of the trip or what we had learned and offered our prayers of thanksgiving for our experiences and hopes for those whose lives we had touched. It was filled with laughter and tears, but truly an amazing experience that I will never forget.
My favorite part of the trip was the lesson that God has taught me about my own selfishness. I will definitely return home with a whole new perspective on life & my part in it.

0 comments: