CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 23, 2008

Reflection

Romans 8:26-28
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

I am so thankful that the Holy Spirit is able to understand and communicate my feelings that even I can not put into words. I haven't posted a blog since I returned from my trip simply because I haven't been able to put my thoughts into words. So many people have asked me if I had a good time, or if I enjoyed the trip and I have had difficulty explaining how I felt about it. Yes, I had a wonderful time, but not in the same way you would on a vacation. It wasn't "fun" in that way - yet, it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I enjoyed learning about a different culture. I was extremely humbled by what I saw, but truly appreciate the lessons that God has taught me through this trip. I definitely enjoyed sharing the word of God and the message of our salvation through Jesus Christ with the children of Acuna. Most of all, I enjoyed building on existing friendships and making new friends with people who I might not have ever met had it not been for this experience.

With that being said, I am still so saddened and deeply effected by some of the things I saw and heard about while in Mexico. I have yet to tell the story to anyone without shedding a tear or two. There is so much to do in that city - so many people that need help - so many that still need to be reached. The children in some of these neighborhoods - dirty, shoeless, and hungry - they are just as much God's children as my own little ones are, and they deserve the same chances in life that we have here. It just seems so unfair. All I have thought about since I've been home is when I can go back. I just want to help them in any way that I can. I just want to show them love and let them know that there is a Savior who loves them and will never leave them, no matter what their situation may be. I just want to be there.

My trip may be over, but I am still learning from my experience and growing each day as a Christian - a process that will hopefully never end in this lifetime. I am looking forward to many, many more mission opportunities like this one and can't wait to go back!

1 comments:

Carolee's Corner Canary Islands said...

Enjoyed reading about your mission trip--if you read my profile, I think it mentioned that we were missionaries in Guadalajara, Mexico for 8 yrs. Mexico is such a great mission field--so different from the Canary Islands, but both need the Lord.