CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 30, 2008

Actions speak louder than words...

I didn't know that I would still be dwelling so much on my trip, but here I am again. During Jason's baptism yesterday, I realized something. I have dwelt so long on what my purpose is, as a Christian. I've always worried that I wasn't doing enough or that maybe I wasn't where God wanted me to be. I've worried so long about my desire to minister to people that I don't know that I have neglected the ones who are closest to me! My five year old is extremely intelligent and always has deep questions about and brilliant insights into the ways of God. I truly believe that he is on the brink of understanding salvation & what it means to be a Christian. He had his first piano recital yesterday afternoon and his MiMi gave him his first bible as a "congratulations" gift. He crawled up in bed with me last night with his new bible and just wanted me to read it to him. This morning, I sat on the couch to do my bible study and here he came, just a few steps behind with his own bible and said, "I want to do my bible study with you." I was shocked at first, then overcome with joy that my actions had been a witness to my own child! I've been so busy ministering to other people's children lately that I have not spent much time ministering to my own...thank goodness actions speak louder than words!!

0 comments: